Friday, June 4, 2010

Changing Faces


Bottom of the rack did my albums lay,

Pulled them out and they made my day.
Posing together within transparent sheets,
Obsequiously got crowded those memories.

Nestled close in each others arms,
Unaware of our possessed charms.
Closed my eyes just to hear,
Those forgotten voices loud and clear.

Blurred memories came to the fore,
Took me back to the days of yore.
Tranquil moments as such stay memorable,
Fortunate to get away not into a rubble.

For the loved ones smiled as my fingers trace,
Innocence connoted on everyone's face.
Questions now arise why are they lost,
Desperate to bring them back at any cost.

They now stand with their faces changed,
Innocence put to the slaughter and buried.
Running after time and for themselves,
And none of us seem to be selfless.

From let us meet and plan,
To let us plan and meet.
Legs which once ran tireless for miles,
Now run just to see them bearing fake smiles.

I blame not everyone,
For they all were bygone.
But still their heart belongs to me,
Safe somewhere even they cant see.

I shall continue being their friend,
Never letting our friendship end.
Be with them forever and more,
Wishing some magic still left in store.

8 comments:

Aslaan said...

nice da.. this one is better than ur previous poems.... i think you took my opinion last time!!

Aswin Kumar said...

Opinion?! I seriously don't remember any. And thanks da!

Unknown said...

Awesome man! And you're calling me a poet! ! Nice choice of words and very true at its gist!

Aswin Kumar said...

@ bharani
Thanks dude, am just trying to improve! :)

Unknown said...

awesome awesome! ;) Come up with more poems like this.

Unknown said...

I can easily feel the mood of the poem. U have managed to bring it up very well. Good work! :)

Aswin Kumar said...

@ damefoille
thanku so much!

@silentscreamer
oh really?! lol! :D

Unknown said...

very very nice:)really true:)